Hill City Arts Council
To live in and co-create a pedestrian-friendly, tree-lined community that embraces the arts, culture, and the humanities, and that actively supports the creative economy.
To enrich the cultural life of the area by nurturing and supporting excellence in the arts and humanities, and by providing opportunities for area citizens, students, and visitors to experience art in its myriad forms.
Because we value the benefits of art, culture, and the humanities in the overall quality of life, and in collaboration with our statewide arts organizations, the HCAC Board of Directors:
· Believe that the arts and humanities are more than creative outlets for individuals; they express the lifeblood of our human experience, provide context for our collective experience, and form the foundation of history’s permanent record.
· Educate the public about the benefits of the Creative Economy, and how arts-related programming contributes to not only the quality of life, but also the foundational economic base.
· Support the inclusion of aesthetic elements in streetscapes, the city center, pedestrian thoroughfares, and other physical community aspects, so as to contribute to quality of life in the community.
· Encourage artists through supporting their ability to work, and assisting in their exposure to the public.
· Assure that arts education is available to all students, so as to assist South Dakota youth to think more creatively, test better, and qualify for the most fulfilling employment opportunities, as per national statistics regarding art education.
· Encourage the inclusion of art in public buildings, which inspires the public and connects various aspects of the community.
· Support the inclusion of art in health care facilities, which has been proven to reduce treatment times, speed healing, and reduce doctor visits.
Hill City Area Arts Council © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.